• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Monster hit for MA and NE but oh so close around here too....
GZ_D5_PN_120_0000.gif

With this look I'd think the precip field would be a good bit west, at least eastern NC/SE Va....

Yep, I'm officially on board now haha, this is just so darn fickle but if we miraculously play everything right we'll hit the jackpot. A little extra dibatic heating in the NE Gulf would be nice so we can tilt this sucker negative more quickly...
I suppose this event is just out of the question for Atlanta..? Yeah I guess so just fantasy now?

**IF** we can keep the trends going and get back to something like it originally had, then GA and Carolinas would be in play yes...at this point, I don't know if we can fully get there.

**IF** we can keep the trends going and get back to something like it originally had, then GA and Carolinas would be in play yes...at this point, I don't know if we can fully get there.
Chris, exactly what are we needing in this setup? We need the chaser not be so fast and get timed right to connect,phase with the main wave? I think ideally we'd like this to phase on the Ala/Ga border for a more widespread event.

Back