• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

This is from Eric’s write up on the Carolina Crusher. Do the models seem to be trending towards a similar look?

d617a87825644ec377f6079c2f529b5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I learned from january and December 2000 these late blooming coastals can trend until the 0 hour

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
With a low of that strength, definitely. Maybe it can get close to riding the coast. Maybe there is still potential for a board wide event if the energy becomes neutral further west and south. I hope it can effect more areas, but I may just be dreaming. For now, this looks like a South GA, SC, and E NC event.

With a low of that strength, definitely. Maybe it can get close to riding the coast. Maybe there is still potential for a board wide event if the energy becomes neutral further west and south. I hope it can effect more areas, but I may just be dreaming. For now, this looks like a South GA, SC, and E NC event.
It's painful to watch. If the trailing shortwave catches up and phases it certainly increases the odds of significant precip farther west. If it doesn't it's wide right for the most part with a little snow on the beaches

It's painful to watch. If the trailing shortwave catches up and phases it certainly increases the odds of significant precip farther west. If it doesn't it's wide right for the most part with a little snow on the beaches

Let's all hope it phases sooner and we all get snow!!

Yes, of course we know the models of the day never had the Crusher, and the 2010 storm I remember the Euro had it about 5-6 days out, then whiffed on it until about 2 Days out. I don’t remember if the GFS even had it at all until just right before storm time.

It has the Christmas Eve snow storm of 1989 feel to me, coast got hammered and I got a trace... I do like the trends however

Back