• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Didn't see anyone post this, but the 12z Navgem came back northwest a little and gets light precipitation into southeastern NC.

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_23.png
Hope that's the start of a continuing trend westward.

If it can give SE VA some snow I'll be happy lol
Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean Brett. Not sure this is the one, but possibly the period Eric was referring to around Jan. 7th or so. That looks like it may hold a better possibility overall for the region.

18Z GFS: another close miss to the se coast but the key word to me is close rather than miss. We're still not seeing as clearcut trend away from the close miss.
Did look better in terms of the southern s/w and northern energy was faster...fwiw right now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18Z GFS: another close miss to the se coast but the key word to me is close rather than miss. We're still not seeing as clearcut trend away from the close miss.
It really seems that most models keep slowing the wave down. That run wasn’t as positive tilt as 12z. Keep that trend going and it will be close

The key to me is to assess whether or not there is a reasonable possibility for model consensus to miss by 150-200 miles to the SE at 5 days out. I'd think it would be. That's why we watch and track these things and is what a lot of these threads are all about. How often is it set in stone 5 days out?

Back