• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

You want to see the energy to the North speed up, and yank the low closer to the coast. The NE wants that solution, too.

Larry might’ve sniffed one out here...I’d say we still hold off on locking this sucker until 0z

I'll leave it open on the outside chance, modeling works in our favor for a change. Outside the Carolinas and some parts of GA, not gonna work, though.

FWIW, WPC still has slight risk Day 5/6 outlined for Southern GA to the SC coastal plain and then up into Eastern NC Day 6. For snow/sleet equaling .25" liquid equivalent or greater .

Interesting. Massive improvement moisture wise pooling at 700mb at 111hrs over 0z and yesterday's 12z. I mean massive. I'm pulling for you Larry

Interesting. Massive improvement moisture wise pooling at 700mb at 111hrs over 0z and yesterday's 12z. I mean massive. I'm pulling for you Larry

700mb, it's a start:

700mb.png

12z GEFS mean precip is not very good; here is total precip (both waves NYE/NYD && Midweek):

gefs_qpf_mean_east_26.png

Come on, Eric. Have hope so we can. Lol

I have hope haha, I'm just not putting much hope in this storm because the general pattern is fickle and relatively unreliable for the board as a whole. The long range Euro, EPS, & CMC do offer legitimate hope as they show a s/w smacking into California in 8-9 days

I have hope haha, I'm just not putting much hope in this storm because the general pattern is fickle and relatively unreliable for the board as a whole. The long range Euro, EPS, & CMC do offer legitimate hope as they show a s/w smacking into California in 8-9 days
I read up on your stuff in the other thread. Hoping it stays the same.

Back