• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Zoomed in, the echoes are eastern Wake County lol. SD flip on the flood lights and go stand outside will you!

Wondering looking at the current loop on accuweather se radar if anyone is getting any ground truth from NC echoes. You noticed pingers and that matches up well with that radar. In NC could be virga,but if not , it will take a trained flash flood light expert to report on. I'd post loop but isn't worth the hassle on the phone.
y

I just had some token flurries in that first band. Already over. Some real dry air to overcome.

Energy looking a little strung out on the Goof @ 48...more sliding, less digging.

Precip over the Arkla-Miss; looks to be eroding as is tries to move east for NYE/D

5b76ac020f7a954eedcfe934b6010ad8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks better than the nam for 1.... 2, it appears a little less interaction with the main trof East of it.

old 12z run at hr 84 time frame vs new run at same time had energy attacking the ridge over oregon, this run not so mujch at all..lets see if that helps

The GFS started off more aggressive, but it was squashed before it got east. Maybe a light event in the western part of the SE if anything.

Hmmm, is this run going to try to get a comma head earlier with the energy?

The GFS started off more aggressive, but it was squashed before it got east. Maybe a light event in the western part of the SE if anything.

Hmmm, is this run going to try to get a comma head earlier with the energy?
First part of your post in reference to NYD potential correct? Just making sure every one reading are separating the two...

Back