• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Is this the same low that will go into the gulf?
9aa48f5a71641e5d696544eaabd61d04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s getting squashed no way around it . Just a matter of if we can get precip in fast enough

I was speaking on it getting squashed relative to the cold air getting in time, not that it wasn't going to get squashed, should've clarified myself.

NAM Gets RA/SN mix into Midlands of SC that run for NYD. Not anything significant though.

Edit: 12KM looks horribly dry.

Precip actually makes it much further north compared to the previous run but it's not cold enough outside of the northern parts of the state.

And yeah, the 1057 is crazy and it's actually in the short term so it might just be a little off but a reminder, the high pressure is not the issue, the confluence is.

Would be interesting if the GFS coming up made a jump north for the NYE NYD storm

Not a good looking start to the mid week system on the 00z nam already looks strung out to hell and back
1614f838510c494754d508b2515eea1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look pretty rough, If the other models look like that, it would be a bad thing, we shall see.

Back