• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

GFS trended better but not there yet. Looks like a little better wave separation and maybe a start to some more separation.

Lol this s/w is still embedded entirely in the northern stream, it needs to cut-off and get separation for a while or else it's cold and dry yet again with these shortwaves diving out of the Pacific NW and northern Rockies

Agreed. I really think we're asking too much of this canadian energy. This northern stream is just too much, and the ridge is just not amplified enough. Basically it literally is too cold to snow in the SE in this pattern. I know if, and amplifies, and phases, and all these options are on the table, but just all seems very unlikely.

I think we need to wait until the PV moves out so we can get the storm track to shift NW some....yes we run the risk of having marginal temps, but this cold is the story.

CMC out to 150... not updating on TT for some reason
097e0c55c410e26a7a2f86228af29b94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CMC out to 150... not updating on TT for some reason
097e0c55c410e26a7a2f86228af29b94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So a Larry special...if I'm right that might be even further south than the 0z. I'm slowly learning how to use that website so I'll see if I can compare...

Edit: Maybe not.

I think we're all seeing why we want the Euro to show a storm first and the GFS to follow. It rarely works out the other way around.

Back