• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

500h_anom.na.png

Holy moly....

200px-Bobomb_-_MarioPartyStarRush.png

Last edited:
ARCC, you need to quit making me want to take off my pants.

Seriously though, I’m pretty pumped about the next week. I’ve been slammed busy at work today, but have been lurking when I can. It won’t take a lot of snow with these temperatures to be a pretty sweet time. Let’s keep the good trends going!

Those extremely stupid cold readings on the CMC are way too cold because it has a huge cold bias over snowcover. They are fiction.
Absolutely ... ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry- Just came in from BallyHoo with my son from Japan. Ever eat there?
Anyway - we need you on Archer Road next week if we're gonna even see a flake (you can sleep!) ... LOL
Best!
Phil

Yep. Come Jan 6th, remind me to find actual observed temperatures vs that clown temp map for verification

We are going to need snowfall, a widespread one, for it to verify. Stranger things have happened, though.

I wouldn't totally discount those crazy readings on a local scale if there is snowcover. A good chunk of east AL and GA had subzero temps after the Snowjam in 2014.

Those extremely stupid cold readings on the CMC are way too cold because it has a huge cold bias over snowcover. They are fiction.
It's not impossible, remember the anallogs!

I wouldn't totally discount those crazy readings on a local scale if there is snowcover. A good chunk of east AL and GA had subzero temps after the Snowjam in 2014.
Also If I remember right, similar with "Original " Snow Jam (82). with temps to single digits ...

Ah, NAM looking warm with potential NYE event so far.

Okay, 5h doesn't look as good on new NAM. Moisture, looks warm. Swing and miss. 0/1

Back