• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Personally February 2014 is the last double digit snow I remember, got 10-11 in that one

I believe that December 2018 was the only time I got double digits this decade. Although, January 2018, February 2014, and February 2015 were close calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far NW do y’all think this one will go, we should do a over/under on this for rainfall amounts 446A0741-B660-46AA-A08E-B092F5F84F54.gif

I guess these were close. No complaints, happy to take a repeat on any of these.
View attachment 61017View attachment 61018View attachment 61019
I would take them all. I think the good news is we aren't completely losing double digit storms nearby. Maybe I'm just dabbling too much into the big data and analytics world at work and it's skewing my weather perspective but I can't help but feel like the rdu south to fay to cae region is approaching that were due for a big one window

gfs_asnow_scus_14.png
I'm 4 hours away from this potential. Ponca city Oklahoma here I come

This sounding is impressive any time, but in January? The entire troposphere is saturated!
View attachment 61026
Looks like a sounding I’d see near a tropical system or in the tropics, or here during July, moist adiabatic lapse rates lol with warm mid levels, wtf lol

Hot dry SE ridge summer incoming. Better start paying extra on my water bill to get some credit
Yea you better, I always find a way with the convergence zone or lee trough convection, always nice rubbing it in during the summer, getting 7 severe thunderstorm warnings was sure a treat this past July ?

Looks like a sounding I’d see near a tropical system or in the tropics, or here during July, moist adiabatic lapse rates lol with warm mid levels, wtf lol

I had to give a class briefing for that mid-November event, actually. Went and dug up the BUFKIT sounding I used in that. Pretty similar stuff (this is for KRDU).
1609301860287.png

I had to give a class briefing for that mid-November event, actually. Went and dug up the BUFKIT sounding I used in that. Pretty similar stuff (this is for KRDU).
View attachment 61033
That stuff had some solid thunder/wind when that MCSish like line moved thru but dumped tons of rain, had flooding with that one, but yeah classic moist soundings with large PWAT and piss poor lapse rates/deep warm cloud layer, looks about right for some heavy rain, crazy to be talking about this sort of setup in January

That stuff had some solid thunder/wind when that MCSish like line moved thru but dumped tons of rain, had flooding with that one, but yeah classic moist soundings with large PWAT and piss poor lapse rates/deep warm cloud layer, looks about right for some heavy rain, crazy to be talking about this sort of setup in January
Note on the side of the BUFKIT graphic it says "Precip: 0.916." As in, NAM was forecasting 0.916"/hr. Don't think that verified, but it was a crazy intense band for sure.

Back