• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

I'm pretty sure if it's February with no long-range snowstorms you can bet on people being discouraged. Especially if its Mid to Late February.
I don't disagree, but February should never be discounted as a month for snowstorm potential. With a La Niña though, this February will probably be warmer than normal. That does not mean we have no shot though.

View attachment 60833
These GEFS maps are starting to make my mouth water. Crazy amount of blocking showing up in good spots
That's beautiful blocking. It really is. It's just what we have been wanting but haven't seen in years. Unfortunately, the Pacific is just atrocious. Until that gets at least somewhat marginally in our favor, most of us not going to be cold enough for a bona fide winter storm. Hopefully, we'll get an alignment of oceanic teleconnections before too long.

@Justanotherweatherfan go ahead and hook me up with a thumbs down, if that works for you.

That's beautiful blocking. It really is. It's just what we have been wanting but haven't seen in years. Unfortunately, the Pacific is just atrocious. Until that gets at least somewhat marginally in our favor, most of us not going to be cold enough for a bona fide winter storm. Hopefully, we'll get an alignment of oceanic teleconnections before too long.

@Justanotherweatherfan go ahead and hook me up with a thumbs down, if that works for you.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure if it's February with no long-range snowstorms you can bet on people being discouraged. Especially if its Mid to Late February.
3rd week of January is when I start worrying if no decent snow has fallen and the long range doesn’t look great. That said I know for up here not to give up till mid March.

Worth noting that even during the “crappy” portion of this pattern before the good stuff, some GEFS members pop some miller A snow setups with stuff undercutting the block

I'm confused. Some folks saying it's gonna suck and others say it looking good with the west based NAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back