• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

If the TPV continues shifting south, we may see a weaker/flatter look like the ICON has IMO. The chance of it shearing the energy out and preventing a bomb is pretty high. I just don’t see a way at this point to shift the system south enough without also shearing it out into a weaker wave like the ICON has.

Looks like this is the case... based on the trends today.

I would rather have it go north and the MA to the NE get a blizzard. Oh well...we’ve had winters like this before and survived.
At first I was like huh, but then I realized, there snow cover = our glory

Well yes the exact amounts sure but you can not deny that this setup isn’t similar because it 100% is. Take the Mar 1927 storm cut the totals by 2/3rds or what not you’re probably not too unreasonable in terms of expectations. That of course is still a lot of snow.

Been saying this all along but if If we play all our cards right, a mar 1927 lite storm is on the table

Looks like we will be lucky to even get flurries outside the mountains at this point. GFS has very little accumulating snow outside the mountains. 1611547676009.png

Last edited:
Gfs isn't even close with the second system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-231805.png
    Screenshot_20210124-231805.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Back