• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

If the lag theory with the SSW is anywhere close to accurate, then the mid February period on we should eventually get pretty cold east of the rockies.
Not necessarily, I don’t think it’s that the east specifically should get cold it’s that somewhere should get shockingly cold . Favored locations being Asia first then central/ eastern us.

I’m jealous
I wanted to say the same thing ! Spring thunderstorm climatology east of the mountains is bad . Eastern NC is far enough away and Raleigh close enough that is not horrifyingly bad and can be good though. Look at the annual average of thunderstorm days a year map and you will see a clear CAD signature in it ( not joking , take a look lol!).

That v 16 frame with LP exiting Morehead City fixing to bomb out,is what you want to root for. Every mile south of that point just drag the Rn/Sn line down south with it. Only hope and thats Gold for Northern Coastal Plain. Even back this way. south of Onslow county beach area would be better

That v 16 frame with LP exiting Morehead City fixing to bomb out,is what you want to root for. Every mike south of that point just drag the Rn/Sn line down south with it. Only hope and thats Gold for Northern Coastal Plain. Even back this way. south of Onslow county beach area would be better
I just don't think that's a realistic solution at all. Too bad that's going to have to be our new gfs

Back