• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

This by far is the coldest 7 mean for the EPS.
ca39802762dbb68bd4bb9ca47eec3b2c.png

beaf2896d866f6bc17bb6015456adc0b.png

6265130ca434631ab10b635e25bd22d3.png

f8e1d7252ee0be90de5f04889306e65e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate you posting those! I may be reading this wrong, but at first glance it looks like that's a northern stream dominated pattern with energy coming in the NW, traveling to the midwest then due east due to the ridge (above us). Lots of transfers to off the NE coast. I think it would be good for the NE but not us. I don't know, I think we need to wait until the main trough transfers to the east coast and that ridge goes away IMO for us to benefit.

Appreciate you posting those! I may be reading this wrong, but at first glance it looks like that's a northern stream dominated pattern with energy coming in the NW, traveling to the midwest then due east due to the ridge (above us). Lots of transfers to off the NE coast. I think it would be good for the NE but not us. I don't know, I think we need to wait until the main trough transfers to the east coast and that ridge goes away IMO for us to benefit.
I would think that's more of a Miller B/CAD look verbatim.

I still haven't figured out how it happened. Just doesn't look like a track that would bring any snow east of the mountains. What's your analysis?

It doesn't but it looks like Mar 1927 started as a big overrunning event that rapidly turned into a coastal/Miller A bomb as it phased w/ a s/w over the NE US.

Back