• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

This is the worst run to run inconsistency I’ve ever seen. There is little to look at beyond D5. The trash heap of tossed model runs is growing exponentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it’s a very wild pattern .. with large amounts of blocking like we are seeing it’s much harder to predict how certain pieces will interact with others because the atmosphere is doing wild things under those blocks.. add in some SSW and youre bound to have inconsistencies.. I do believe as soon as they get a handle on the pattern things should start seeming more accurate and less wild.. they just need some time to figure out what the hoot is going on

I like this EURO (this run lol) look in the end of the short term range.
You have the sub-tropical trof digging east and se of HI...You have a massive ridge going up over AK and building to the pole. You have a -NAO that is DEF. WEST based.... The SE ridge is there (sorta) but will be squashed later. Big high pressure building that will drop into the US.
Inkedecmwf_z500a_namer_8_LI.jpg

That dump out west screws the southern plains/western SE, don’t want it that strong out west 2C91832B-A4DA-4973-8FC5-CD1B1F5AC95A.png8E559042-9613-479F-8A92-055F2080F387.png

I feel like that dump out west comes out much fast than what the op run is showing... That is a nice high nosing down tho.
I hope so, can't wait to see if the EPS supports it. Realistically even if it was legit that -nao would likely pay off for NC/TN not so much farther south

Last edited:
Back