• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

This is what I really really want up top though ? View attachment 66020
The Euro has a surprisingly similar look at D10, actually. A few subtle differences, but overall, it's shockingly close. If we can get that NE Pac low to retrograde under the block and have that block push a little NE, we'll be in bidness.

ecmwf_z500a_namer_11.png

The Euro has a surprisingly similar look at D10, actually. A few subtle differences, but overall, it's shockingly close. If we can get that NE Pac low to retrograde under the block and have that block push a little NE, we'll be in bidness.

View attachment 66021
RC optimism? I'm intrigued.

Agree. Its been awesome up there. Old fashioned winter. Need a big dog or 2 to top it off.
My wife and two youngest kids are up in Boone visiting family. My 12 year old just sent me some pics of it snowing right now. I'm glade they're able to see snow. Still hopeful for us in the Piedmont the next few weeks, but you never know.

RC optimism? I'm intrigued.
Lol, if the pattern evolves as I hope, then you'll see arctic highs ushered into the US. And if we keep the west-based -NAO about, the storm track should stay suppressed. We may end up battling suppression, but I'd way rather fight that battle. We'll last longer against those star destroyers than we will against that Death Star.

I don't mean to always be pessimistic, but I know that until we see a pattern that legitimately allows arctic air to filter into the eastern US, most of us are not going to get appreciable snow, regardless of what models show or Twitter says.

Lol, if the pattern evolves as I hope, then you'll see arctic highs ushered into the US. And if we keep the west-based -NAO about, the storm track should stay suppressed. We may end up battling suppression, but I'd way rather fight that battle. We'll last longer against those star destroyers than we will against that Death Star.

I don't mean to always be pessimistic, but I know that until we see a pattern that legitimately allows arctic air to filter into the eastern US, most of us are not going to get appreciable snow, regardless of what models show or Twitter says.
Lol we are both on the wrong side of Charlotte/Raleigh. Pessimism is the only way.

Back