• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Snippet from James Spann
SUNDAY NIGHT/MONDAY: You will be hearing lots of buzz about the weather Sunday night into Monday morning across the Deep South as the new 12Z model set today has come in colder, suggesting potential for snow over the northern third of Mississippi and Alabama. However, using ensemble model output and probabilistic outlooks, snow fans don’t need to get too excited just yet. Both the American GFS and the European ECMWF ensembles are showing only a 10-20 percent chance of one inch or more of snow with this event for now.

It is simply too early to know if there will be any significant winter weather with this system; just something to watch. A cold rain is likely for most of the state with amounts around 1/2 inch. We will have much better clarity, of course, as we get closer.
99D03342-4A12-4235-AA61-E1E3781751A2.png

Snippet from James Spann
SUNDAY NIGHT/MONDAY: You will be hearing lots of buzz about the weather Sunday night into Monday morning across the Deep South as the new 12Z model set today has come in colder, suggesting potential for snow over the northern third of Mississippi and Alabama. However, using ensemble model output and probabilistic outlooks, snow fans don’t need to get too excited just yet. Both the American GFS and the European ECMWF ensembles are showing only a 10-20 percent chance of one inch or more of snow with this event for now.

It is simply too early to know if there will be any significant winter weather with this system; just something to watch. A cold rain is likely for most of the state with amounts around 1/2 inch. We will have much better clarity, of course, as we get closer.
View attachment 62667

I mean...I don’t like it but he’s not wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeps getting better with each run.
It needs to move out of the plains in head on east to get better. I keep seeing these maps with light blues and whites over the SE with the purples and greens lin the Plains. That doesn't seem exciting.

It needs to move out of the plains in head on east to get better. I keep seeing these maps with light blues and whites over the SE with the purples and greens lin the Plains. That doesn't seem exciting.
At least cold air is trying to find an entry into the states. With that ridge situated where it is in Eastern Canada, there was no chance for it to drop down directly into the Eastern US. Now let’s cross our fingers and try to move it into more of an overrunning position.

Agreed. At least it's entering the conus. But it's not going to be really exciting until ridging off the east coast is gone, and we get a few Barney colors sitting over the south east.

Back