• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

This look is pretty crazy even for the long range GFS.

gfs_z500_vort_us_53.png

Yeah, that Lobe over the NE and GL usually makes dreams come true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice post. Just wondering how much further SE we can get this to trend. Looks like the typical Climo Miller A with an RDU and SE cold rain special. Warm nose generally ruins it for us. Folks in the NW half of NC should be getting really excited about it though.
I agree with this, NW Piedmont definitely favored, but we have a shot. It is subtle, but the upper level low on the GFS makes a slight curve NE once it crosses the Carolinas. If we can get that to head just due east we will also be in business. We need just a little more NE confluence to get that done.

Nice post. Just wondering how much further SE we can get this to trend. Looks like the typical Climo Miller A with an RDU and SE cold rain special. Warm nose generally ruins it for us. Folks in the NW half of NC should be getting really excited about it though.

We are pushing how far south this can get...IMO. By day 2-3 the GEFS/EPS both agree that the upper low being just north of the panhandle. We have a stout block and 50/50 to push this south and by day 4-5 the GEFS/EPS are both in great agreement of the upper low over BMX. For Raleigh I would like this to exit between MYR ans SAV and right now it's between MYR and ILM. It's actually impressive how close the EPS/GEFS are now.

I am hoping this can drop down to just south of the panhandle, that would help the folks SE of I-40/85.

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-conus-z500_anom-9912800.pnggfs-ensemble-all-avg-conus-z500_anom-0085600.pnggfs-ensemble-all-avg-conus-z500_anom-0150400.png

We are pushing how far south this can get...IMO. By day 2-3 the GEFS/EPS both agree that the upper low being just north of the panhandle. We have a stout block and 50/50 to push this south and by day 4-5 the GEFS/EPS are both in great agreement of the upper low over BMX. For Raleigh I would like this to exit between MYR ans SAV and right now it's between MYR and ILM. It's actually impressive how close the EPS/GEFS are now.

I am hoping this can drop down to just south of the panhandle, that would help the folks SE of I-40/85.

View attachment 62093View attachment 62092View attachment 62094
The face we’ve gotten this much done with the first wave on modeling is amazing

I am but alas I’m on Twitter mostly. If you weren’t on board originally than today’s trends should get about everyone on. Until it starts trending the opposite direction, it’s a valid threat IMO. Need some consistency, but the eps mean is screaming at us...

EPS mean is screaming at folks in the mid-atlantic imo. This looks like cold rain for much of NC outside the mtns with a few last second NW tweaks to the frontogenetically-induced band of snow in the wrap around CCB. Maybe we get some flurries but that would be a win in this setup

EPS mean is screaming at folks in the mid-atlantic imo. This looks like cold rain for much of NC outside the mtns with a few last second NW tweaks to the frontogenetically-induced band of snow in the wrap around CCB. Maybe we get some flurries but that would be a win in this setup

Yeah, said this earlier, this is giving me flashbacks to Feb 2010. 2/6/10 analog for this potential but maybe further south. I do think 77 corridor in NC could see accumulating snowfall...north of I-40.

Back