• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

The CMC, ECMWFUMFER, and the 6z GFS develop a pretty nice progression in the arctic regions. Canada finally looks to get bona-fide cold with some intrusion, finally, into the US. Hoping to see those trends continue over the coming days, and we'll be ready to roll.

This some kind of cruel joke or a result of models being too cold biased ? The 10 day in Raleigh is identical to New York City on TWC. The hell. So we get to be the most below average spot on the east coast next 10?

Can see subtle changes on the EPS past few runs. Allowing more HP to nose in.

If it's not going to snow here I hope this can really wind up and dump on the VA and points north. That's kind of where I think this is headed...wouldn't take much to dump on RIC to PHL. It's to bad as this is so close to being such a big event for some on this board.

Euro5h.gif

Eurotemps.gif

There was a time when it seemed like the models would sniff out a threat in the long range, we lose it and then it comes back. You gotta hope to see at least something on model runs soon with the energy flying through here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a time when it seemed like the models would sniff out a threat in the long range, we lose it and then it comes back. You gotta hope to see at least something on model runs soon with the energy flying through here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the Euro not count as a model?

Can see subtle changes on the EPS past few runs. Allowing more HP to nose in.

If it's not going to snow here I hope this can really wind up and dump on the VA and points north. That's kind of where I think this is headed...wouldn't take much to dump on RIC to PHL. It's to bad as this is so close to being such a big event for some on this board.

View attachment 62039

View attachment 62038
We are 1 good trend away from seeing a lot of fantasy snow in our backyard. The 0z euro was probably underdone on snow for our backyards given the look of a changeover from rain to snow then a potential period of light snow as the northern stream moved through.

At KSAV, record high minimum of 67 yesterday: breaks old record high minimum of 66 from 2017:

But thankfully, much cooler on the way to near normal and I’ll be hopefully back at the park tonight enjoying it!

Back