• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Charlotte NC still being advertised for a storm later today that evolves into a little wind threat for South Carolina. Very persistent HRRR and NAM.

Nice snow falling on Beech MTN ski resort cam. Snow level should fall some according to NWS Blacksburg.

We need legitimate precip to overwhelm the shallow above freezing layer near the surface. Very frustrating to have enough cold air in place for once and a great surface low track, yet no moisture.

We seriously can't do anything right.

Yea all we talked about is timing a Lp and the cold just right once. Been drowning for months everytime a system rolls through. Finally get it timed right and its the lack of qpf that seals our fate. Just horrendous luck. I would say Im ready for next winter, but seems like I said that last year lol, and look where it got us.

good lord the nam dried up. this one is toast.
namconus_ref_frzn_seus_44.png

Dried up or not it would be cold rain. Check the 3k NAM for more moisture.
Northern stream energy at H5 has shifted north a bunch in the last 3 runs. One more shift like that and this is a DC clipper:mad: Euro trended a little wetter for NC/VA boarder counties and I think sounding supported some snow. Maybe this one trending north will suck our coastal in a little?

Northern stream energy at H5 has shifted north a bunch in the last 3 runs. One more shift like that and this is a DC clipper:mad: Euro trended a little wetter for NC/VA boarder counties and I think sounding supported some snow. Maybe this one trending north will suck our coastal in a little?
Also, WTH? 3km vs. 12km. Same time and run. But very much different.1580159231149.png
1580159291745.png

Back