Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
it's not that 12z's run was bad. It's just worse. Fairly impressive and won't take too much to change.
ecmwf-ensemble-avg-se-total_snow_10to1-0126400.png
00z
1580083200-87HnoSulEjo.png

Yikes no love for the DS on this run, plenty of time to change but I think my call map will verify for the upper south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for clarification. Are you saying that you have issued a call map for a potential storm over a week away or am I missing something?

Reactions: Deleted member 418
Just for clarification. Are you saying that you have issued a call map for a potential storm over a week away or am I missing something?

Kinda. I made a map of the areas I think that will see snow for a time period. Not a certain storm per say but for the period between 21-27th. I wouldn’t really call it a real call map I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deleted member 1449
In the words of the buzzard on Horton Hears a Who, Holy Moly at 360hrs on the EPS members. That is a freaking monster of a 50/50 on like 80% of the members with most with a strong PNA to boot.
You have to think whatever is going on in the d7-11 period may be an appetizer for the main fun arriving in the d14-20 range. As this pattern amplifies and matures we could go really cold with the main action forced well south.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You have to think whatever is going on in the d7-11 period may be an appetizer for the main fun arriving in the d14-20 range. As this pattern amplifies and matures we could go really cold with the main action forced well south.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Dr. Roundy's MJO model says this pattern isn't going anywhere for a month. With an active subtropical jet, things are looking interesting.
http://www.atmos.albany.edu/facstaff/roundy/waves/rmmcyc/indexmjo.html