• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

This could be our only shot this winter. Need a couple favorable bounces but I don’t super hate it 0527E580-6D62-4A31-BC05-639D3D99B82E.png

Positive trends with building a legit PDO. Clearly see trend to classic horseshoe sst's. Will be interesting to see what the Dec PDO index comes in at.

PDO-trends.gif

As we proceed later into winter the +PDO correlation is stronger with SE trough.

PDO-correlation.gif

Positive trends with building a legit PDO. Clearly see trend to classic horseshoe sst's. Will be interesting to see what the Dec PDO index comes in at.

View attachment 28877

As we proceed later into winter the +PDO correlation is stronger with SE trough.

View attachment 28878

Certainly doesn’t hurt the chances of a -EPO in the future, that type of +PDO reminds me of 2014-2015 (I think that’s the correct year(s))

Last edited:
Not even gonna post the pics (don't wanna ruin any little bit of Holiday cheer) ... but CPC has no thoughts of warming Alaska ...

af836cfb0189287f06c872db1cb72734.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping someone would come on here and say they accidentally pulled the 2011-12 animation.
Ive heard several people on the other board mention the 11-12 winter. I wouldnt mind a repeat. At least no one would get their hopes up. I have fond memories of that winter.

This looks about right as we roll into feb, unless we get a -nao. Strangely even in the face of less than ideal models I'm concerned about January but not on the ledge like some

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah. I still think January averages out near normal with a threat or two as we come to the end of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back