• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

The precip frames haven’t loaded yet, but this looks interesting.
2652ae61474392ddea1f24ff45197d9d.jpg
77e5ea9d4a34cea821e586f6211c45e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may not be paying close enough attention to the OP (which is probably a good thing), but that's the first time I think something has actually appeared on the operational. Comes shortly after the ridge gets beaten back big time.

Despite that, there have been some interesting members on the GEFS lately around this time period. Lets get this pattern change within about a week first!

Next Saturday keeps trending colder n colder. Interested to see how this evolves next few days.

Next Saturday keeps trending colder n colder. Interested to see how this evolves next few days.
Yep we can’t look past threats like that any threat can trend in the short range and when we’re talking about CAD events it can always trend colder and in that case can turn out to be a bigger deal than we think out of no where

Yep we can’t look past threats like that any threat can trend in the short range and when we’re talking about CAD events it can always trend colder and in that case can turn out to be a bigger deal than we think out of no where
I have extreme doubts for that system. No other model but a couple members on the American suite show anything, plus that is relying on HP wrapping around a low around the Great Lakes.

I have extreme doubts for that system. No other model but a couple members on the American suite show anything, plus that is relying on HP wrapping around a low around the Great Lakes.
Agreed. Although I do believe that preliminary system will have big ramifications on the one behind it. I’d like to see areas as far south as VA get in on some ZR with wave #1

Yes although chance is low all I am saying is we can’t lose sight of it cause sometimes these type of systems like to sneak up on us as we approach them

Just took a peak at the Gfs ensembles for wave two ... good lord much more agreement there that a large scale system could be effecting the south east ... that looks like it could be the fun one we are going to be heavily tracking in the next week ... the big take away is the amount of support for a large system at the same time period grew substantially I would say

Usually a system conducive of wintry precip in Central TX and LA translates well downstream for the Carolinas for whatever reason.. if only this weren’t 10+ days out still...993C1947-2283-4A84-B3CF-FF7021BD0620.jpeg

Back