• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

I know it can be difficult sometimes especially when it comes to wintery weather but let’s please try to keep our wish casting down to a minimum.

500...Days 10-15 on the three major ensembles
dbc7f0b4637b85fbe769b72aba4ce14f.png
0f02748d43bce971d64a6f2a29696c0d.png
759de677250c051f8bdf08e6c3ef349a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the 12z EPS went south because it's MJO is wrong. I'll be watching the mjo pretty close. If we can get it to "wake up" and continue the pulse into 8 like many think it will continue in to, perhaps we can get western ridging to help us out. Even the GEFS still kills it in 7 probably too quickly.

1579039257668.png

Hopefully the 12z EPS went south because it's MJO is wrong. I'll be watching the mjo pretty close. If we can get it to "wake up" and continue the pulse into 8 like many think it will continue in to, perhaps we can get western ridging to help us out. Even the GEFS still kills it in 7 probably too quickly.

View attachment 30908
Probably why the eps had that suspect look in the LR

View attachment 30908
I'd like for it to go in the circle if it's not going to 8 or 1. We sure don't need it collapsing going to 6. I'm not sure where this assumption that phase 7 is good came from either. I guess based on Webber's research it somehow manages to snow in NC somehow.
Screenshot_20200114-162151_Gallery.jpg

I'd like for it to go in the circle if it's not going to 8 or 1. We sure don't need it collapsing going to 6. I'm not sure where this assumption that phase 7 is good came from either. I guess based on Webber's research it somehow manages to snow in NC somehow.
View attachment 30909

Also, January at KATL within the COD phase 7 averaged 4 colder than normal 1975-2014. Outside COD phase 7 averaged only 1 BN.

If I were in Texas I'd be starting to get a little excited about January 21-22...eastward it's getting crushed so far (and isn't consolidated energy) because of that 50/50 low, and I'm a little worried that if that low moderates the cold will too.

A lot of our king storms seem to start out with snow in Texas...it's a shame in this case that if something like this were to happen, it seems like there might be another piece of energy combined with a strong 50/50 that make it have no where to go other than Cuba...

Perfect Miller A track with no cold air. Seems like we’ve been saying this for months.

Northern stream isn’t that far behind . It’s all timing as always ANd most importantly it’s post day ten .

Edit :Even with a faster northern stream and or slower southern energy temps still suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back