• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Major upslope snow breaking out hr282 for NC mtns. Going to be digging out after system exits.

By hr288 white out to blizzard like conditions for NC mtns. Damaging winds with upslope snow. Gusts over 60mph.

Basically my thoughts. No prolonged favorable pattern. We’ve got to make this brief period count imo

We can do it. Just like 2000. Maybe not as grand a scale definitely. But this is what I've been looking for since late December, when it was apparent we where headed toward a torch disaster with all the signals we monitor forecasted to be as bad as everyone of them could get. The Warmnastags as JB use to call em, came up 777. Jackpot!

Well the GEFS is about through the time period we're interested in and solved...about nothing.

Some has wintry weather starting Monday. The others like it on Thursday, and a few like it on the weekend (the following weekend to the upcoming one).

Also probably at least a handful of whiffs but it felt like to me while watching that every member had something on a different date.

Scrolling through GEFS ensembles it looks like a ton of suppressed members inside 200hr....hmm this Euro run could be good..possibly..maybe I think

Back