• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

I think you have a shot at some snow tonight, its going to be one of those wait and see what returns you get scenarios.

I'm 39.4F/33.4 down here. Not that it matters when there is no moisture and I will be approaching 60F tomorrow.
It’s going to be a crazy gradient tomorrow. I expect to leave work and drop at least 15 or more degrees on my drive home.

Sure seemed like the 3k and 12k wanted to have some freezing drizzle on the heels of the cold front tuesday especially on the north side of Atlanta
One thing I noticed on the 12k is that it was showing green returns over my area with a temp of 29F. Its tough to presume anything until a few hours before, its certainly possible, especially areas north and west.

One thing I noticed on the 12k is that it was showing green returns over my area with a temp of 29F. Its tough to presume anything until a few hours before, its certainly possible, especially areas north and west.
That could be really bad especially given how many elevated interchanges there is on the north side

Best look of the NAM for here. I have 36 here. Gilmer County is 41 which is very odd to me.
It's juicing up down by the gulf, and that's got to come thru here, so now it's a fight with the slow moving cold air. I'm stuck at 42.4 for while. With that steep tilt, it's going to take a while to get here. And that usually means there is squat left for me when it drags thru, lol. You should do ok based on the returns....and the cold will find you sooner too.

Sure seemed like the 3k and 12k wanted to have some freezing drizzle on the heels of the cold front tuesday especially on the north side of Atlanta
They do, but timing is everything. If it's before dawn, it might be a problem on bridges and overpasses. If it's mid-morning, may not do anything but a light glaze on the trees. Ground is going to be relatively warm so not expecting problems with roads.

They do, but timing is everything. If it's before dawn, it might be a problem on bridges and overpasses. If it's mid-morning, may not do anything but a light glaze on the trees. Ground is going to be relatively warm so not expecting problems with roads.
Maybe down on your end. The ground around here is plenty cold and I have frozen ground in the shade even during a warm afternoon. Any moisture with mid 20s and we’ll be ice skating.

Even NW FL panhandle gets some FR per the latest NAM.
zr_acc-imp.us_se.png

Maybe down on your end. The ground around here is plenty cold and I have frozen ground in the shade even during a warm afternoon. Any moisture with mid 20s and we’ll be ice skating.
Yes, Lily Pond would be much different, I was talking about Atlanta and south, referring to the threat Dsaur mentioned.

Back