• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Two prayers

1. The moisture is underforecasted and it comes in heavier

and then if so

2. Haha then its either warm for just rain or its colder then expected in all layers and get snow no one wants any measurable freezing rain.
Crazy to think it’s snowing a couple hours away and any shot we have isn’t for another 24+ hrs lol

Are you sure there is an advisory south of Atlanta ? I thought it was only north and west of Atlanta.
There is a hazardous weather bulletin that includes many counties in north and central GA. I'm assuming it's because of the possibility of freezing rain at the tail end of the storm Tuesday morning that it extends south to Fayette, Spalding and Bibb counties.

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised! Always best to be north of the best accumulation projections.
I was way more confident with this one even with the globals going lower. Just run after run of the short range his res models giving my area 3-6. Don’t know if I’ll get that but I’m a happy camper at 2-3.

Are you sure there is an advisory south of Atlanta ? I thought it was only north and west of Atlanta.
Yep, FCC seems to think we might get in on both shots, but of course that's hedging. Usually the world ends at I 20 when winter weather is spoken about in Ga. , lol. It's clear still here and it's dropped another degree, so that's good. Falling moisture will cool it off some more, so we can get close to 33 and rain :)

Yep, FCC seems to think we might get in on both shots, but of course that's hedging. Usually the world ends at I 20 when winter weather is spoken about in Ga. , lol. It's clear still here and it's dropped another degree, so that's good. Falling moisture will cool it off some more, so we can get close to 33 and rain :)
I don’t think we see any moisture before late tomorrow night into early Tuesday morning. The cold doesn’t move in here until early Tuesday morning according to modeling. Some places south of town may push 60 tomorrow.

Back