• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

It's just the beginning. That area should get snow through tomorrow evening.
They're forecasted to have 3-5 inches by 1am tonight(see the rgem below through 1am tonight)Making up the bulk of their totals. As of right now it's mostly sleet and the sleet line appears to be stationary if not shifting north.

Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 8.54.24 PM.png.

Honestly, the 18z 3km NAM might be right on the battle lines for snow/sleet it appears. Just looking at the CC radar, I think at least the first row of counties in MS/AL can do better than that though.

Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 8.54.48 PM.png

Light ice and 29 degrees here in New Market. Brad Travis said by tomorrow afternoon 3+ inches should fall over all the northern counties in Alabama with twice that in the western part of the state being possible

Best look of the NAM for here. I have 36 here. Gilmer County is 41 which is very odd to me.
I think you have a shot at some snow tonight, its going to be one of those wait and see what returns you get scenarios.

I'm 39.4F/33.4 down here. Not that it matters when there is no moisture and I will be approaching 60F tomorrow.

Back