• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

1705276800-OUKQUlrLlC0.png

CMC is beautiful over NE. Need work out west.

This has a real chance to be a big event for a lot in the east...there I said it...I just probably jinxed it too

View attachment 141405
I'll raise you one - IF, IF IF, these trends of the past couple runs continue, it WILL be a big event for the eastern U.S.

Is an

Is

any of this good for Georgia?
Yes. The further south and east one lives in the SE, the more a taller ridge out west helps. IE, the further S the trough digs plus that generally helps with a more neutral tilt which is the difference between a frontal passage and precip of consequence.

Appears one of the critical time frames for the differences between ICON and 6z Euro Control is around 18z Monday. At this time, the Euro control begins to create separation in the northern stream while the ICON does not. Translates to a focus on the first wave of energy and doesn't hold back as much.

View attachment 141396

View attachment 141397
selfishly ( I will be in Tahoe then and would like some fresh snow falling...lol) and un-selfishly...I think that Vortmax coming down thru BC, I need that to dive Southward and hang together. I still feel like that is the "caboose" system that will produce hopefully a storm for me in Tahoe and then dive SE and forced to hang with yall and deliver a nice Winter hit to end the pattern.

what on earth is spire weather. is this the cricket wireless of numeral weather prediction models?

Freezing rain usually isn’t a transitional ptype here so I call BS on the GFS. Probably sleet in reality but that doesn’t really matter attm.

word of caution here, i've noticed ice can be more prevalent than you think in situations where the LP is elongated/banana shaped (which I think we will see here)

what on earth is spire weather

word of caution here, i've noticed ice can be more prevalent than you think in situations where the LP is elongated/banana shaped (which I think we will see here)
Hyper-localized weather forecast: Spire Weather uses local sensors, Spire's satellite weather observations, and other sources to learn the weather patterns in a specific area and is combined with machine learning techniques to create a tailored and accurate forecast for the exact site.

Back