• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Anybody got them mslp anomaly maps
This?
1705428000-ZZJXM56fjdM.png

For most of us in the eastern part of the southeast (especially east of the Apps) you'd want to see the interaction occur closer to the Mississippi river. Still looks to me like this would have been mainly rain with maybe some backside snow if it really wound up (IMO). Need to keep the height field suppressed to allow the cold press into the region and to inject and wrap into the trough axis as much as possible in this front-end scenario.

ecmwf-ensemble-c00-namer-vort500_z500-1704909600-1705255200-1705428000-20.gif

ecmwf-ensemble-c00-conus-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-1704909600-1705341600-1705428000-20.gif

For most of us in the eastern part of the southeast (especially east of the Apps) you'd want to see the interaction occur closer to the Mississippi river. Still looks to me like this would have been mainly rain with maybe some backside snow if it really wound up (IMO). Need to keep the height field suppressed to allow the cold press into the region and to inject and wrap into the trough axis as much as possible in this front-end scenario.

View attachment 141251

View attachment 141252
? at what is showing up more over BC!! That’s going to be the caboose I think.

View attachment 141251

View attachment 141252
I just saw this and was going to say the same thing. If I was in TN and the mountains, I would be salivating at that run.

Back