• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

January 11th-12th Southern Slider

I haven’t looked today but the NAM soundings were damn close here for awhile. It has no other but close enough for them to CYA I guess. I imagine 2017 weighs on their minds. This isn’t that storm but they called for next to nothing and I got a foot.
Well the NAM is the NAM and is close but I almost guarantee it'll be warmer and/or drier. Also 2017 the NAM had consistent dumps of 6+ inches each run for N GA but nobody believed the clown maps.
1610214579885.png

FWIW 12z gefs members starting to snow little more east into south west Bama. Faster the better

I just don’t understand why its so hard for north central Alabama to get anything besides just rain I came down here to visit family for a wedding thinking it was going to be a nice little snow storm here only to miss it wide east lol

Time of day doesnt help y'all plus the pattern has just favored areas further west

It needs to come in earlier for y'all to have a chance

snod.us_se.png
Even the 12z Euro has a little onset stuff close to my county

I just don’t understand why its so hard for north central Alabama to get anything besides just rain I came down here to visit family for a wedding thinking it was going to be a nice little snow storm here only to miss it wide east lol

We don't have true arctic airmass right now and the timing of everything is messed up but the fact that it's snowing deep into Texas and Louisiana gives me hope that we can get something later on.

We don't have true arctic airmass right now and the timing of everything is messed up but the fact that it's snowing deep into Texas and Louisiana gives me hope that we can get something later on.
I hope so too it just seems like this part of the south can’t catch a break with constantly missing out on snowstorms

I can be in Dallas county in 5 minutes technically lol

.Winter storm expected across portions of North and Central
Texas on Sunday and into early Monday...

TXZ102-103-118>121-134-100400-
/O.NEW.KFWD.WW.Y.0001.210110T1200Z-210111T1200Z/
Wise-Denton-Tarrant-Dallas-Rockwall-Kaufman-Ellis-
Including the cities of Decatur, Bridgeport, Carrollton, Denton,
Lewisville, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Arlington, Dallas,
Rockwall, Heath, Terrell, Kaufman, Forney, Waxahachie, Ennis,
and Midlothian
130 PM CST Sat Jan 9 2021

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 AM CST
MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches
with isolated totals near 3 inches possible.

The sharp gradient east of the 3.2

The NWS remains very unmpressed here saying maybe a half inch

I was just watching one of the TV stations live videos and they still have it changing back to rain here after a brief snow burst at the onset

Palestine is an interesting looking target if it fails here lmao

View attachment 64531
Why do they call it a worst case scenario ? Wouldn't it be best case scenario ?

Back