• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

January 11th-12th Southern Slider

Dang, I never saw this one lol. Paging @DadOfJax we rolling (maybe this will help ease your MVIS pain ;) )
I was able to bring it back to life after it got locked/deleted yesterday. Going forward if threads are started early lets just lock and not lock/delete. It makes it easier to bring them back to life

I know we get excited about snow in the south outside the mountains. But it’s literally so hard to get snow a thread outside of 7 days take with a grain of salt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be the safe place from the meltdowns in the other thread :):)

anyway, Here is the 6z GFS clown map

gfs_asnow24_seus_24.png

FFC

LONG TERM /Wednesday Night through Monday/...

Drier and cooler conditions are expected through the weekend
ahead of the next forecast concern early next week. GFS swings
another trough through the area Sunday night into Monday, and with
it another shot at winter precip. ECMWF has a similar setup, but
secondary surface low in the northern Gulf minimizes QPF over the
area. As a result, POP/winter chances are drastically different.
For now, have included slight chance to low-end chance POPs
Monday, and although a light rain/snow mix has been included in
the grids for a large portion of north Georgia (including the ATL
metro), have opted NOT to include accumulations this far in
advance.

&&

This definitely has greater potential to be a more impactful system than the 8th-9th storm for areas outside the mtns on the board. I really still think this storm is just gravy/icing on the cake when you look at where we are headed after this. Let’s reel it in!

Bout to be an all you can eat buffet after this wooof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFC

LONG TERM /Wednesday Night through Monday/...

Drier and cooler conditions are expected through the weekend
ahead of the next forecast concern early next week. GFS swings
another trough through the area Sunday night into Monday, and with
it another shot at winter precip. ECMWF has a similar setup, but
secondary surface low in the northern Gulf minimizes QPF over the
area. As a result, POP/winter chances are drastically different.
For now, have included slight chance to low-end chance POPs
Monday, and although a light rain/snow mix has been included in
the grids for a large portion of north Georgia (including the ATL
metro), have opted NOT to include accumulations this far in
advance.

&&
I liked the old FFC better where they called for rain or partly cloudy until within 48 hours of the event. Too many uncertainties at this range. They had people treating the roads for the Christmas Eve dusting of flurries/light snow!

This definitely has greater potential to be a more impactful system than the 8th-9th storm for areas outside the mtns on the board. I really still think this storm is just gravy/icing on the cake when you look at where we are headed after this. Let’s reel it in!

I like gravy.....be nice to get a good chunk of my annual snowfall average knocked out before things get bonkers later this month, I would love a 200-300% snowfall winter....been a long time since we cashed in on a 8"+ storm around here. I think we see multiple winter weather events in NC but need at least one to be a big dog.....

I generally ignore track and intensity until we are inside of 4-5 days, especially the GFS which loves to turn every storm into a coastal hugger all the way to Cape Cod, not sure if the new versions fixed that or not....

If we can get temps down a few more degrees on Mon it might end up being a decent solid little event even down our way.......

Back