• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

January 11th-12th Southern Slider

It's something to watch but I'm not really worried about it right now I don't see how it's going to be rain with the thermal profiles which is the major reason the gfs/para is lame

Now if the euro is lame that might be another story

I'm not worried about the thermals. It's still the storm track and intensity that concerns me.

And it's very frustrating because of how close this is to being a great storm.

Not sure what is up with tonight's runs but the storm seems weaker or something

View attachment 64203

Sunday's system is trending faster, and since the ULL that's been sitting over us since Wednesday is dragging its ass, there's less room for ridging to build behind it so Sunday's system can really dig and take on a neutral tilt.

In other words, per usual, the best potential we've had in a long time is finding a way to go to ----, despite the fact that every other system this system managed to always trend NW and stronger at the last minute.

EDIT: These trends are good for AL/GA/the Carolinas though.

Womp womp womp wash rinse repeat cold rain for I-20 in Alabama as usual so much for snow chasing home here’s a snippet from good ole James Spann
MONDAY: Confidence is growing that most of Alabama will see a cold rain Monday with the next weather system, however there is a chance it begins as snow over parts of North and Northwest Alabama. For now it appears highest probability of snow Monday morning will be north of a line from Vernon to Cullman to Scottsboro… temperatures there could be a little below freezing so some impact is possible. But again, for most of the state it looks like a cold, rainy day. Precipitation amounts should be light with limited moisture; totals under 1/4 inch are expected.803724B1-7CB0-40D9-AB2F-C69D3F42A8BD.png

Back