• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

It's 2-2.5" on elevated surface and 3" on grassy areas. Tho I am a bit more north latitude wise than you are in Lizard Lick.
Wow, east was the place to be with this one. I don’t think I have more than 0.5”, maybe 0.75” at best. Still snowing lightly, but it might be melting faster than it’s accumulating. All in all, pretty disappointing considering official forecasts called for more (I guess we at least got something rather than nothing like earlier this month), hope we can get a legit warning criteria winter storm here this year.

Anyways, going to catch a couple more hours of shut eye now before work...light snow just isn’t worth it, LOL. Good night, all! Hopefully, you all down east can roll in some more inches!!!

Lucama, NC or SW Wilson county
78379c620dc09ac116cfa0e3b9e44179.jpg

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm under that band. My stupid phone decided to stop uploading pics so I'm unloading from my DSLR.

Another one of those rare cases where it pays to be East of 85. Makes twice this year. ?

Only on grass and elevated surfaces, and even then not fully covering the grass.

It was nice to see snow last night, but nothing really stuck in south Chapel Hill. Ground is mostly uncovered, just some small accumulation on my car this AM.

Last edited:
Back