• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

I JUST HAD THUNDERSNOW HERE AND I HAVE A RECORDING BUT ISK IF YOU CAN HEAR IT MY MOM ALSO CAUGHT BIG LIGHTNING AND THUNDER SNOW AS WELL IN APEX WHEN I SAY ITS WHITE OUT CONDITIONS I MEAN IT I WILL HAVE A CIDEO FOR YALL .. THIS WINTER IS AT AN A+++

Thunder snow near Cary. Wow.

I'm not that surprised when I saw how much lift the NAM was modeling earlier today. What a shame that this is such a marginal low level air mass. This could have been a REALLY big event as far as accumulations with better ratios and a colder ground.

Still light/moderate snow, but it looks like the heavy stuff may be over. I am considering hitting the sack...not sure it’s worth it for me to stay up at 4 am unless it’s absolutely ripping or we are at least in the midst of a major winter storm (which this is most certainly not IMBY), haha.

Reactions: SD
Please let this stick around until day break the pics are going to be awesome
About .75 on most surfaces :)
You don’t want to know what it looks like here then lol. It’s ughhh quite a bit my grass is covered I think

Wonder how long it lasts , it should be clear skies and around freezing at day break . Upper 30s under sunny skies as well. Ooof . Though places that do theoretically actually get 4 inches ( are there any ?) probably will be pegged around 32-33 all day as all heat goes to melting .

Back