• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

I still really haven’t wrapped my brain around how you guys got snow to stick to pavement (what dissapoints me). I haven’t had it stick since December 2018, and that was after five inches was on the grass.

By the way @Webberweather53 I got around 1/4 an inch, although that’s eyeballing it. If you have conflicting data, don’t hold mine as gospel.

Visibility dropped to 0.75 mi at RDU airport... that's not too bad for NC. To even talk about "blizzard condition", that must drop down to 0.25 mi or less... and sustain that rate for several hours.

I still really haven’t wrapped my brain around how you guys got snow to stick to pavement (what dissapoints me). I haven’t had it stick since December 2018, and that was after five inches was on the grass.

By the way @Webberweather53 I got around 1/4 an inch, although that’s eyeballing it. If you have conflicting data, don’t hold mine as gospel.
It’s just so heavy it stuck. You can tell after it lessens up or stops snowing the slush will be gone in probably like 15 minutes. I think folks further east seem to be getting better street stickage than me, though. Interesting we got more road coverage from this 15 minutes after sticking to the grass than we did from our whole 2” back in February 2020, though.

Still coming down nicely, though not as heavy as earlier. Going to need it to continue to put down in order to offset all the melting going on, though. Sounds like a rainstorm outside as far as water runoff, not my ideal snow event in that regard. Give me a cold snow, please!!!

Low near Lumberton heading east toward the coast with snow to its north, what a beaut
e8803aa44815a379ddc001c65aa670fe.gif

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk

Back