• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

SREF Plumes will make you feel bullish as this sun sets this afternoon.

I go back to the 12z runs loving Pitt, Edgecombe, Rocky Mount area....gotta love the cluster between 4-6.5 there

View attachment 68571

I try to temper expectations but the 18Z GFS shows that NE to SW banding setup over the interior coastal plains that we see whenever we get good events here.....that low strength and placement is textbook perfect for us down here if this pans out.....to bad we cant slow the damn thing down a bit....

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_3.png

Nice break in the clouds for a good chunk of NC, should allow for a bit of cooling before the cloud deck moves in later tonight. May not have any impact but worth noting.

View attachment 68580
See those low clouds in northeast NC kept temps in the mid 40's here now if it'll clear out I could do some rapid cooling before those clouds move in.

The HRRR has been slowly reducing totals for the Triad from around 4" down to 1-3" now.
Looks like a sharp cutoff it’s painting from east to west. Interestingly enough, the opposite of what we normally see. Could easily see Gibsonville getting 2-4” while Winston-Salem gets nearly shutout. NE NC from Henderson to Roanoke Rapids is looking pretty good, IMO. Buckle up, @metwannabe!!!

Back