• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Line of severe storms about 15 min out from the house, let’s see what she’s packing. Nothing going on IMBY as of right now.

I see the sun and blue sky.
Thats on the list of our favorite winter storm parameters, I believe, along with waiting for cold air and hoping the deform band moves through before drying up.

Tempest reported a max gust of 25, but I think it was more than that. The pole it's mounted on sways too much.

Thats on the list of our favorite winter storm parameters, I believe, along with waiting for cold air and hoping the deform band moves through before drying up.

Tempest reported a max gust of 25, but I think it was more than that. The pole it's mounted on sways too much.
Is it bad I was happy to see that we are getting dry slotted bc caa is about to kick in for the mid levels lol

Waterloo, AL. Couldn't miss hunting in the snow in Alabama. Rare as hens teeth.
3aa5c57c86bc3b49768bc397e0806f14.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hardly anything left when I woke up this morning. It’s crazy because I’m seeing pictures in pinson and trussville with an easy 1.5-2 inches in the grassy areas and surfaces. Huntsville looks amazing.

Outside of the mountains it really seems like the system is busting and moving wayyyy fast. Hope we get a nice one to track here soon. The quick hitters are fun to watch fall, but I definitely was disappointed to have nothing to speak of after getting up.

For those of us just to the S and E of Raleigh we are riding a fine line late this morning between nothing, just rain, heavy snow burst. The gsp and cae radars are at least encouraging
Since we can't get winter winter wx atleast we can enjoy our semi tropical storm. Almost lost power with that last line and the pressure drop was significant so far.
Screenshot_20220103-075813_Tempest.jpg

For those of us just to the S and E of Raleigh we are riding a fine line late this morning between nothing, just rain, heavy snow burst. The gsp and cae radars are at least encouraging
Yeah I posted in whamby because I figured I was wishing but it does look better further south, radar really is encouraging and this is a powerhouse system so who knows

Transition zone Showing up nicely on correlation coefficient if you watch the hour loop it’s moving fairly fast hoping it continues ??DB97318B-617F-43A7-B5B3-ABA4D0774E63.png

Back