• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

It is really creepy out here right now. Wind is howling, there is lightning, the temps are in the 40s, and a line of severe storms is approaching. The wind is constant and you can hear it just overhead, like a tropical system. The trees are creaking in the higher gusts.
Yessss that constant roar very tropical storm like, crazy!

I live just north of Pinson Al. we had just over 2 inches on the cars this morning...there were still flurries when I left the house at 5 am. I would have liked to have gotten the snow we lost due to melt...We didn't go to freezing until towards the end of the heavier snow.

this is what I was afraid of. Storm is moving faster than expected and cold air delayed coming over the mountains. I wouldn’t feel too good if I was anybody outside the mountains in NC/SC.

this is what I was afraid of. Storm is moving faster than expected and cold air delayed coming over the mountains. I wouldn’t feel too good if I was anybody outside the mountains in NC/SC.
I feel good about flakes temps dropping fast and Greensboro already in the 30s that will only continue to filter down this way next couple of hours and then the back band moves through it’ll be what it’ll be I guess ??‍

Back