• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Returns much higher down around the upstate because of the FGEN driving it compared to where Asheville is.
So then why would locals be lowering totals? I mean seriously nothing is Showing less snow/Sleet

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

So now we have a 996 at Gatlinburg at the end of the HRRR? Things keep trending stronger. I am hoping for something interesting with such strong LPs so close by.

@SD I see what you mean, stupid HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr trying it's best get me excited for a few hours of snow in the morning

1642345200-9iTCwI6c2pI.png

So then why would locals be lowering totals? I mean seriously nothing is Showing less snow/Sleet

That I am not sure. GSP did go from no snow back to 1-2" across the upstate but that is something they may just be waiting to see if it starts to materalize.

That I am not sure. GSP did go from no snow back to 1-2" across the upstate but that is something they may just be waiting to see if it starts to materalize.
It's crazy for sure I'm not far from hwy 11 and they have removed pretty much any accumulation on the point and click. Says less than 1 inch. No way that will be right

It's crazy for sure I'm not far from hwy 11 and they have removed pretty much any accumulation on the point and click. Says less than 1 inch. No way that will be right

They're also showing a ton of ZR along 85 that I think isn't really going to materialize. Every time it looks like ice is in the forecast, the CAD turns out to be stronger than models thought and we usually switch to sleet and ZR is much less in coverage and further south. HRRR is showing that exact thing again.

@SD I see what you mean, stupid HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr trying it's best get me excited for a few hours of snow in the morning

1642345200-9iTCwI6c2pI.png
Yeah I'm trying to not get sucked in but there certainly seems to be a window in the morning to possibly get the ground white maybe a little more

They're also showing a ton of ZR along 85 that I think isn't really going to materialize. Every time it looks like ice is in the forecast, the CAD turns out to be stronger than models thought and we usually switch to sleet and ZR is much less in coverage and further south. HRRR is showing that exact thing again.
Yeah From everything models is showing up here where I'm at looks mostly Snow/Sleet with some ZR. But I could easily see us getting 4-6" up here.

Again the HRRR is really dumping buckets of snow over central Alabama tommorow morning. Would not be shocked for a winter storm warning for portions of central Alabama. These trends are ridiculous. With these snow rates even if it's a degree or two above freezing. It's going to stick.View attachment 106228View attachment 106229
Now that’s the creepiest model run I’ve ever seen.. 2 lows… the the center of one in north east Georgia where I am at Brasstown Valley… the other low circle is over my house!!!! What in the ham sandwich is this???

Now that’s the creepiest model run I’ve ever seen.. 2 lows… the the center of one in north east Georgia where I am at Brasstown Valley… the other low circle is over my house!!!! What in the ham sandwich is this???

The system is occluding(trying to stack the surface low vertically on the bottom of the upper level low)....that's how you get a double barrel low.

Back