• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Two operational models coming on board for a major storm within 4-5 days is a big deal, if Euro comes in with something similar we’re in business. The vort trends are happening at hr72-96 so it’s not just voodoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Euro already onboard. Check.

Hang on to your hats … WERE GETTING DRIFTS lol these are insane winds for down here! Here’s a look under the hood of this puppy.. oh and this is almost short range ???View attachment 103563View attachment 103564View attachment 103565View attachment 103566View attachment 103567

Yo... I counted three pieces of energy diving into the base of the trough GFS with another northern branch vortex catching up to the system once it hits Maine. The first merger is near Texas, and the Second happens over the Carolinas. Our progressive pattern over the United States literally stops short over the Eastern 2/3rds of the nation when the lead system slows in Southeastern Canada gets blocked.

If that fourth vortex over the Great Lakes catches up earlier with the bombing storm over SC, then there's going to be a MECS or HECs from Spine of Appalachians in NW GA to Maine. Someone will probably be in a screw zone when that happens, but still get like a foot.

These model runs remind me of 5 days before Christmas as a kid only to find out we didn't have any money on Christmas day. I'm hoping for a miracle but probably gonna settle for a dusting. You guys are doing a great job tracking this and keep up the good work!!

I'll take my chances with this one
1642334400-Bo7Sl3XcyNQ.png

If you were putting a Percentage on this storm actually happening across WNC, Upstate, and NE GA, Where would you put it? Percentage right now of actually happening

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

If you were putting a Percentage on this storm actually happening across WNC, Upstate, and NE GA, Where would you put it? Percentage right now of actually happening

North Carolina is looking pretty darn good, Upstate too. Still not sold on the Midlands. (precip type issues)

Government has us in the 10%-30% right now and they’re ultra conservative this far out unless they truly see a strong storm potential so I’d go with 40% right now. Frankly that’s as high as I’d ever go at day 5.

Personally, I'd give it an 80%. It's within 5 days now, and a storm with great significance within days has a very good chance at verifying.

Can At 102 vort is a notch futher east than gfs . But looks identical surface reflection

Back