• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

its the nam thermals at 84hr, dont sweat it. ill really start worrying about temps inside 48hrs. the takeaway should be our positive trends we saw this run esp in the first 54hrs or so.
I don't man. If I've learned anything, it doesn't matter what hour away it is. If the NAM shows warm nose, there will be one.

Holy Moly..... I-20 up to Northern Counties<Atlanta<All points East to Carolinas Crushed by Ice and then everyone thru AL into Georgia gets nailed with healthy 2-4 inches of snow as backside comes thru....That's lights out for half of GA
And, the backside snow isn't done with Georgia by 84 hours either. Cash me in!

nam 3k at 60 fwiw
nam3km_ref_frzn_seus_60.png

Raging WAA on the NAM despite the more southern track. Not really surprising, but also it's in the 69-84 Hour time frame were talking about. I believe mixing is unavoidable, but I also think that as we get closer (if the track remains more south) the 40/85 corridor north and west may see more snow/sleet than frzr IMHO.

On the NAM, the high is moving east too quickly to keep the cold air entrenched with the amount of WAA expected ahead of the low which is why you are seeing freezing rain/sleet instead of snow.

Pause for a minute and consider this: If this is closer to the ultimate solution then there was absolute validity to prioritizing what we saw on the global ensembles 48 hours ago. Just remember this when the next storm comes around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back