• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Am I seeing the low on the NAM all the way into Mexico now? Last run it was in NE Texas
No.

The algorithm that plots the map is tricky sometimes and can place an L where there is a minimum, but doesn't reflect where the storm is. The MSLP distribution is in a similar place.

So correct me if I’m wrong but we want a less amped (more suppressed and thus weaker?) low that will head towards the gulf instead of an amped (stronger?) low that’s able to cut North? But not too suppressed to where all the precip is light or too far south right?

namconus_z500a_us_45.png

So correct me if I’m wrong but we want a less amped (more suppressed and thus weaker?) low that will head towards the gulf instead of an amped (stronger?) low that’s able to cut North? But not too suppressed to where all the precip is light or too far south right?
Correct. We don't have to worry about to much suppression. That ship sailed long ago.

Show really getting started at 84. Doesn’t have the snow line as south as the euro, up n of clt but ice down to cola.

Back