• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Didn't see it posted anywhere yet but the Euro on D9 has some snow in parts of NC/VA and is very close to something better for many.
View attachment 10007

This is not a bad look for D8 on the ensemble mean.

ecmwf-ens_mslpaNorm_namer_9.png

ecmwf-ens_T850_mslp_namer_9.png

The 12Z EPS agrees with the operational and has 2 freezes for ATL 1/10-11. Wasn't there talk here recently about ATL possibly not having another freeze this winter? Not going to happen. Earliest last freeze at KATL is mid Feb I believe (in the 1980s?)and that in itself was far off the norm.

The 12Z EPS agrees with the operational and has 2 freezes for ATL 1/10-11. Wasn't there talk here recently about ATL possibly not having another freeze this winter? Not going to happen. Earliest last freeze at KATL is mid Feb I believe (in the 1980s?)and that in itself was far off the norm.
Yes, and I still don't understand why someone would have posted something that nutty on here.

Last edited:
Wow big differences in the models from yesterday and today’s runs. Was looking like a full week of torching but has now flipped to cold starting next Wednesday.

Yesterday’s 12Z run for midday next Wednesday

62e2d6f31b16704004b4c6252cbb5240.jpg

Today’s 12z run for the same time.

05674290dbf270a79ae26a907aec48b2.jpg

Here’s the morning lows from the same time and order.

b375478376aba5c2d164f69d6d6b2ff5.jpg

5a514150f6307b6cf7feaa2ae9f1ed1b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A warm spell in January turns this place into Weenieville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A warm spell in January turns this place into Weenieville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly even when we were cold last year people were still shouting winter is over from November on. I don’t know I guess to be fair it’s easier for me to not give up since I live in one of the more favorable places for snow in the southeast outside of the mountains. Snow almost never comes before mid January minus some flurries and dustings so I never start worrying until then. I’ll admit I have been getting a little nervous lately but that was because I let myself buy into the hype of a stellar winter and got my hopes up when I started seeing dustings in November followed by a few more in early December. Anyways here’s hoping to all of us scoring some accumulating snows soon!

For those with access to the EPS day 11-15, how does it look? On the Tidbits maps it looks improved days 5-10.

For those with access to the EPS day 11-15, how does it look? On the Tidbits maps it looks improved days 5-10.

Slightly warmer 12Z EPS 11-15 vs 0Z EPS but still very slightly colder than 12Z EPS 11-15 of 24 hours ago. And as you said, the 12Z EPS 6-10 is clearly colder than 0Z. The 6-15 nets out very slightly colder than the 0Z run in the SE.

Yes, and I still don't understand why someone would have posted something that nutty on here.
I think that person didn't have a true passion for winter or wanted to troll at the time. Regardless, there shouldn't be much for them to talk about once the cold gets here.

I think that person didn't have a true passion for winter or wanted to troll at the time. Regardless, there shouldn't be much for them to talk about once the cold gets here.

People usually will find something even when it's cold.. like the warm nose, ground temps, sun angle, it never snows in their backyard, it's a dry cold, etc.

Back