• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

I’m optimistic for a pattern change but the pacific jet is still cranking at the end of the run. 12z GEFS isn’t out yet but 06z showed a stout jet at the end of the run. How we get cold air established in NA with this feature crashing into the west coast the way it is?View attachment 10002
DT talked about exactly that in his latest video. That jet has to slow down. I don't much understand the interconnection of things like hadley cells, walker cells, mountain torque, or rossby wave like people like Webber, 1300m, Michael Ventrice, HM, etc. but I imagine those things will play a role here.

DT talked about exactly that in his latest video. That jet has to slow down. I don't much understand the interconnection of things like hadley cells, walker cells, mountain torque, or rossby wave like people like Webber, 1300m, Michael Ventrice, HM, etc. but I imagine those things will play a role here.
a little off topic here, but with the way those waves keep crashing into the Canadian Rockies you would think they are probably having a stellar year in the snow department

I think about all we can say for sure right now is that we will eventually get some cold weather this winter. That's my forecast.

A cold day in the SE 1/10 if the 12Z Euro is right (colder than the 0Z, which was colder than yesterday's 12Z). It has KATL getting down to upper 20s and high only low 40s. On 1/11, it has freezes to N FL.
Larry,
Please don't tease ... :cool:

That was a good video he did describing the concerns of the howling pac jet. He mentioned HM with a comment on high pressure in China possibly helping to break it down.

Euro with day 8-9 tease.

View attachment 10003

Destroys Long Island
016b8d7cc53bac04d5d2f2ba543fda6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro is cold day 5 thru the end of the run.

From the morning of 1/9 through the morning of 1/14, it averages 4-6 colder than the 30 year normal for a good portion of the SE, especially the further south and west you go. No other model is nearly that cold at 12Z and it is significantly colder than its 0Z run, which was near normal. So, for now, it is very much a cold outlier. But is this a trend? 12Z model consensus for the E US in general is colder than 0Z.

Euro with day 8-9 tease.

View attachment 10003
Good looking flow out of the Arctic
Destroys Long Island
016b8d7cc53bac04d5d2f2ba543fda6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good to see someone getting in on the action. Lay the foundation for a southeastern big dog in a 3-4 weeks. It’s pretty obvious where these storms want to track this year. Only a matter of time

That would be 5-7 F colder than normal for Phil, CHS, SAV, N GA ntns, W NC mtns, and far N AL and 4-5 colder than normal in many other areas. I'm not buying this yet since it is an outlier and we've been teased about cold for weeks, but the colder trends tell me it may happen.

Didn't see it posted anywhere yet but the Euro on D9 has some snow in parts of NC/VA and is very close to something better for many.
Euro.JPG

Back