• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

One more thing Chris, ive been hearing about this +eamt event. Webber alluded to it earlier, but what will that actually do for us long term?
I’m not sure to be honest. Webb or other know more about that than I do.

I have to say this for the fv3. I think it actually was the first to sniff out the winter storm for Texas/Oklahoma... I think once they get the bugs work out it will eventually surpass the euro.

I have to say this for the fv3. I think it actually was the first to sniff out the winter storm for Texas/Oklahoma... I think once they get the bugs work out it will eventually surpass the euro.
From D5 and sooner it already has to me. One of my colleagues went to MN for Christmas and was telling me how the FV3 nailed the rain/snow transition and the Euro busted hard. FV3 has been very good inside 120 over the past year. Using deterministic runs beyond that is pretty silly anyways, so for me, I'm a huge FV3 fan.

I will also say that euro did (for a few runs for sure) have this system moving much further north than what it will. All models will bust at times for sure.

Back