• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

That sound you hear is my driver hitting golf balls
3544a1fe813895f1f2e9cb0488351e29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 9th and 10th is a time to watch cold air is around. I’f that piece of moisture kicks out faster something could happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 18 GEFS looks better than what it has been recently.The pattern still needs work for a sustained cold,but the Pacific is is starting to look better.Lets if GEFS holds for the 0Z runs.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_37.pnggfs-ens_z500a_namer_62.png

I posted a surface map earlier today of the CMC of this disturbance. If this look continues, there maybe something wintry around the 8th into the 9th. Yes, the CMC can be bad at somethings, but it can perform well with somethings. Also, the GEFS does have a colder look during that time period as well. I'd wait a couple of days before calling anything with higher confidence for frozen precip during that time period. The Euro does have a storm system during that time period, but it's way warm. So, there is model disagreement, anything is possible.
d0195acca50ad9b85beac1aa91f57e6a.jpg

Back