• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

I don’t do Facebook. How bad is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I'm going to be dead wrong on the pattern change to colder as we begin January. Its just not happening. Instead, most of North America, including us in the South, are going to start turning warmer and warmer as we go through the first couple weeks of January. Meanwhile Europe to Russia will likely turn bitter cold. The raging Pacific Jet and zonal west to east flow will keep the cold bottled way up for quite a while. We may have a couple slight cool down, esp. when there's a north wind, or lots of cloud coverage, but when it's sunny-it will be quite warm. Just no Arctic air, or anything close to that, in sight for much of the Nation for a while.
Image day 10 of ensemble pattern. Lots of Pacific storms running west to east across the nation, with mild air.

View attachment 9715
What is NOAA seeing that would lead them to go cold for the last half of January?

Well that map is saying there is a 55% chance of being BN and 45% chance of EQ or AN. Makes sense, I could see last part of Jan being slightly BN with seasonal temps and above normal rainfall for the SE. What did they show for precip weeks 3-4.

Anyone want e12?

fbc7847a903c6c7bf45fac0bc37f00b5.jpg

62936c4cc79ab6af8667292230880465.jpg

I believe the discussion pointed to the SSW.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Which is peculiar because the SSW solution leading to cold in the east is just one possible outcome.

Back