• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

There’s the 1/20 storm I talked about a few days ago on this afternoon’s euro run. Personally wouldn’t mind this missing to the north or getting fringe ice, would be great to put down a lot of snow cover to our north as we get into the last week of January with the pattern becoming potentially even more favorable (as expected weeks ago).

There’s the 1/20 storm I talked about a few days ago on this afternoon’s euro run. Personally wouldn’t mind this missing to the north or getting fringe ice, would be great to put down a lot of snow cover to our north as we get into the last week of January with the pattern becoming potentially even more favorable (as expected weeks ago).

Even better would be for it to put down a foot of snow across the whole SE to set the stage for the next storm :) This new pattern we are entering is going to be loaded with potential though, we may miss on a few storms but I agree if it's laying down snowpack to our north that will help with future shots of cold air and potential chances.

This is defintely a perfect spot for a storm to start for those wanting a snow in the Deep South. With plenty of cold air to the north. It’s textbook, just wish with was within 120 hours inside of 300 hours. View attachment 10718

I'm assuming that glorious LOW just south of TX meanders into the Gulf and heads NE

The storm to watch now IMO is the one Webber and a few other posters have pointed out around the 20-21st. It's getting into the range where we can start watching trends and models will get a better handle on the basic setup. Here's the icy Euro alluded to, wouldn't take much for this to come south and be a big storm for many here. Models seem to agree that there will be a BIG storm with the main question being where it tracks and how much cold it has to work with. GEFS members are encouraging for this system too.
Euro.JPG

Yes, then their is another storm right on it’s heels at the end of the run. View attachment 10724
That one looks to be an overrunning event for SE TX and LA. Never experienced snow on snow in my life. If it verifies I will have to upload some pics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The 12Z EPS suggests a snow threat of who knows what magnitude for parts of the SE 1/24-5 in between two Arctic airmasses. Would this be a relatively dry light precip event due to mainly dry W to WNW flow or would H5 be able to back to WSW between Arctic airmases and produce what would quite possibly then be a major Miller A GOM SE winter storm?

Back