• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

All I need is a western ridge and a -epo . You Carolina peeps can worry about the NAO . I figure we get a 2-3week window with chances starting the week of the 20th. A -epo pattern has been money for the last decade for my area . What’s the saying , if it’s not broken don’t fix it .

That said if we happen to get a -NAO that’s great . Then maybe we can get a slow crawling Miller A . One can dream right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I think your -EPO pattern is a given honestly. I've said from day one that's probably going to be this winter's theme....persistence. What we've had in our cold patterns this year is what we've had for the last several winters, -EPO/+PNA/+ or neutral NAO.

The weeklies at week 4 have a true -NAO with not just ridging over greenland, but lower heights in SE Canada/Nova Scotia/West Atlantic. That's what I'd really like to get a hold of, but what I think is a mirage. The west coast ridging just does not want to leave. I think when we get rid of the WAR and get a true -NAO we get a real Miller A IMO.

1547216346246.png

Man St. Louis gets crushed again next weekend with snow on the 12z gfs

All of their snow probably won't even be melted by then lol.
Could you imagine with the artic gates opens up with all that snow on the ground. It wouldn’t be much moderation in temps. That would pretty awesome..

yep... were going to have to get a neg nao in some fashion to drive the storm track south....

We don’t need that , we just a western ridge to establish. There is plenty of cold air around

But since you mentioned the nao the 12z gfs goes nuts
77b95af6f648ef8088b75130c9f82cb4.jpg

We don’t need that , we just a western ridge to establish. There is plenty of cold air around

But since you mentioned the nao the 12z gfs goes nuts
77b95af6f648ef8088b75130c9f82cb4.jpg

Just beautiful!!! This is what we have been waiting. And the best thing is... It’s within our grasp...

Back