• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

How often does this happen, ridge bridge over the pole and pushing into Greenland.

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_47.png

We’ve gone from saying it will have an impact to now saying he has no idea . The sky might be blue it might not .

Damn form an opinion and stick with it regardless if it’s right or wrong
e77af24b662b63a6eb5a2db0d475aca5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter how good the GEFS looks, keep in mind its cold bias has been pretty bad. So, it is best to warm it from what it shows to what the EPS shows.

No matter how good the GEFS looks, keep in mind its cold bias has been pretty bad. So, it is best to warm it from what it shows to what the EPS shows.

Does the GEPS have a cold bias as well cause it’s just as cold. Not being a smart ass , it’s a legitimate question . I ask because the cmc has a huge cold bias as you already know
c50843628315c73406fd0ac21f1bafd7.jpg

Does the GEPS have a cold bias as well cause it’s just as cold. Not being a smart ass , it’s a legitimate question . I ask because the cmc has a huge cold bias as you already know
c50843628315c73406fd0ac21f1bafd7.jpg

Good Q. The GEPS has had an even larger cold bias than the GEFS (due I assume to the underlying very cold biased op CMC).

Regardless, I and I assume most look for trends in each model more than their exact solutions.

Edit: So far as of12Z, all models have ben trending colder at least late 6-10+.

We’ve gone from saying it will have an impact to now saying he has no idea . The sky might be blue it might not .

100 percent agree ... what I take from this. It may get cold. And again ... it may not

Good Q. The GEPS has had an even larger cold bias than the GEFS (due I assume to the underlying very cold biased op CMC).

Regardless, I and I assume most look for trends in each model more than their exact solutions.

I had already liked this prior to the edit but I'll double like it after the edit.... very good point. And most probably do look for trends in that range, those that don't should, that is definitely what is the biggest take away from the 12z model suites today. Thanks Larry

I'm gonna say our first deep threat will be around the 20-21st. Some of the EPS members had it and now seeing it on the GEFS mean.
I suspect we will start seeing more and more runs like todays 12z run at 372. Since the members are showing a change now.

So annoying. If you have no idea what the impacts might be, why comment on it ad nauseam?

I got my eye on that time frame myself ..... were over due here in mid south also.... west tn. East ark. N miss...
I don’t think we are overdue as we are just now entering our prime climo for snow in the mid and upper south. The early cold and hype did get me a little more excited and then worried more then I normally let myself get. We have some cold now so a snow storm could pop at anytime within 5 day’s out for at least the next 5-6 weeks. A lot of times up here when we miss out on a big system we then get some snow on the other side that wasn’t initially modeled. It’s not usually much but can still get a few days of flurries and snow showers that give a dusting to inch that was not expected 3-4 days earlier. You live close to my area so I’m sure you know these types of days I’m talking about.

Let's keep the trends going. The cold seems to just not quite get totally in the SE fully. -3-4 for normal? Maybe it's too far out and it's spread thin in the ensembles, but it doesn't seem to be impressive cold on the GEFS, even with a cold bias. Seems like it wants to mostly stay bottled up in Canada.

1547065845684.png

Back